Ok, that's not actually a condition of employment. But if you've ever thought about a career in gardening and you think you've got what it takes, please read on.
The type of work I have ranges from the following garden maintenance tasks:
• Rose pruning
• Spring & fall clean up
to fairly large-scale projects:
• Excavation & heavy-duty weeding
• New bed installation
• Shrub removal
I am looking for reliable assistants who will show up on time and follow directions.
What it takes to be successful in this role:
• Ability to read instructions completely and follow them
• Reliability to be in communication
• Passion for the outdoors, plants and dirt
• A desire to continue to learn about plants and gardening skills
• Follow oral and written instructions accurately.
• Have general knowledge of outdoor flowers & plants, and their specific care.
• Be punctual, reliable & communicative.
• Be physically fit to lift, stoop, kneel, get very dirty etc.
• Have valid driver’s license, reliable vehicle, maintain insurance & willing to transport yourself & your tools.
• Have a Smartphone with your own plan, providing minutes, texting & data. We communicate via texts and our app, using words & pictures, also to view schedules and clock in & out.
• Provide own gloves, hand pruners, trowel or weeding tool (claw or hori-hori) & broom. I provide all larger tools and supplies.
• Be over 18.
• Have a passion for plants and flower gardening, at least some gardening experience is also needed
This is not a typical "landscaping" company. It is a flower gardening company.
Landscape contractors and lawnmowers need not apply,
(unless you want to change fields!)
Our season is typically mid-March through Thanksgiving.
• Full & Part time 10-30+ hr/week – flexible- you write your own schedule at the beginning of the season, then show up when you said you would.
• Starting pay $16.50/hr
• Paid sick leave
• More benefits available in 2nd and subsequent years!
• Must have a positive & friendly attitude, and the ability to work well with others. Must also be able to work solo
Instructions to apply:
Please EMAIL your contact info, resume with relevant work history and experience, and a cover letter if you like to
Make sure to highlight experience that's relevant - customer service is great, but beyond that retail and cashiering isn't really useful here. Tell me why you'll make a good gardener and why you'll fit this position! Also include a picture of your favorite plant, its name, and what you like about it.
Then CALL to confirm that it was received.
Monday - Friday, 9-5
Amy: (509) 964 4746
If I do not answer, please leave a message. When leaving a message, please speak clearly and repeat your call back number twice. (If for some reason voicemail isn't working, send another email to say that you attempted to call and what happened.)
The first requirement of this job is the ability to follow instructions. If you do not follow the two step instructions for applying then you demonstrate that you do not meet these criteria and you will not be considered for the position.