Ok, that's not actually a condition of employment. But if you've ever thought about a career in gardening and you think you've got what it takes, please read on.
At Garden UP, we only hire the best, most knowledgeable & professional workers.
We offer flexible schedules and competitive wages.
- Follow oral & written direction
- Have general knowledge of outdoor flowers & plants, and their specific care
- Be punctual & reliable
- Be physically fit to lift, stoop, kneel, get very dirty etc.
- Have valid driver's license, reliable vehicle, maintain insurance & willing to transport yourself & your tools
- Smartphone with your own plan providing minutes, texting & data. We communicate via texts & our app, using words, site pictures, also to view schedules and clock in & out
- Provide own gloves & hand pruners, trowel or weeding tool (claw or hori hori) & broom, I provide all larger tools & supplies
- Be over 18
- Have a passion for plants & flower gardening, at least some gardening experience is also needed
This is not a typical "landscaping" company. It is a flower gardening company. Landscape contractors and lawnmowers need not apply.
Our season is mid-March through Thanksgiving.
- Part time: 10-30+ hrs/week -flexible - you set your schedule have to show up when you said you would
- Start at $13/hr. with raises as you demonstrate competency
- Paid sick leave
- Profit Sharing Bonus - if the company does well, you receive an extra bonus!
- Must have a positive and friendly attitude, and the ability to work well others or solo
Instructions to apply:
Please EMAIL your contact info, resume with relevant work history & experience,
a cover letter if you like to GardenUpLandscape@yahoo.com
Make sure to highlight experience that is relevant - customer service is great. Tell me why you'll make a good gardener!
Then CALL to confirm that it was received. Monday - Friday 9 - 5
Call Amy at 509-9six4-47four6
When leaving a message, please speak clearly & repeat your call back number twice.
The first requirement of this job is the ability to follow instructions. If you do not follow the two step instructions for applying then you demonstrate that you do not meet these criteria and you will not be considered for the position.